Handicare Moving & Handling team are 'Dementia Friends'!23/05/2019
We're pleased to announce that the Handicare Moving and Handling team are 'Dementia Friends'
A staggering 1 in 14 people aged over 65 will develop dementia and according to the NHS someone will develop dementia every 3 minuntes.
Dementia Action Week (20th - 26th May 2019) encourages people to take action to improve the lives of people living with dementia, working to create a 'Dementia Friendly' United Kingdom.
The Dementia Friends initiative helped develop our awareness of the disease and how we think, act and talk about dementia when meeting someone living with dementia during a joint assessment, or in our every day lives.
As Dementia Friends, we are very proud to wear our badges, reminding us of the 5 key messages which we have pledged to:
1) Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
2) Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain
3) Dementia is not just about losing your memory - it can affect thinking, communicating and everyday tasks
4) It's possible to live well with dementia
5) There's more to a person than the dementia
Helping to make everyday life easier.